Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13332
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   11.11.13 13:20

Welcome back Manon. You perfectly understood, Brian will patinate and light illuminations..

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   13.11.13 9:49

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   13.11.13 18:56

Nice! Rolling Eyes So DG is there to evaluate Brian's form. And it's funny how worried he is about Brian's reputation, he should be more worried about his own reputation, lol. I'm worried that he won't let Brian participate at Cup of Russia.pale 
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

Number of posts : 424
Registration date : 2010-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   13.11.13 20:23

Wait. What? I had to rely on google translate, but help me out French speakers. Did that say that DG was there to see if Brian was good to go to Cup of Russia? I didn't think that was in question.

In my opinion, Brian needs to book his own flight to Russia and hotel in case they don't do it for him and get in touch with a lawyer in advance of any shenanigans. I've never had to get a visa. How long do they last for? If Brian already had one to do shows would it still be valid for this month? If they don't let him go I think he should do his best to show up anyway and see whose decision it really is whether he competes or not.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://twitter.com/#!/starshine_3
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.11.13 11:03

Ice Network article summarizing Brian's adventures with his preparation and the federation. Nothing really new in terms of information, but worth reading.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.11.13 14:20

For me it contains only new information: I didnt know he lost his passport in Japan, for example!

And awww that he cried when the rink was closed.

I wont comment on DG. I just hope Brian can go to Rostelecom Cup...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   14.11.13 15:57

DG decided on a knack for Brian, I do not know if it is although he does not make competition internationnal (he is going to find what excuses?), unless Brian could persuade that he was ready.
DG a décidé un truc pour Brian , je ne sais pas si c'est bien qu'il ne fasse pas de compétition internationnal (il va trouver quelle excuse ?) , à moins que Brian a pu convaincre qu'il était prêt .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 8:20

and what are the arguments for brian reediness in dg's eyes ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 14:29

http://poitou-charentes.france3.fr/2013/11/15/patinage-brian-joubert-forfait-pour-la-coupe-de-russie-358287.html

according to this article federation said that Brian won't compete at CoR due to medical reasons. All this mess it's getting very irritating! I really don't know what to believe anymore. Brian doesn't feel ready yet? Although it would be stupid not to perform his programs in front of the international scene. DG thinks he's not ready? This would be stupid strategy too. He loses points and he gets lower and lower at the ranks without competing.
I've read that he's preparing in secret a new free but I'm not so sure...
The season began very bad for him and I don't know if he's making it worse by changing decisions every week. I just hope everything goes well in the end and he goes away smiling
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 17:26

What the F*CK is going on? I don't know how we can even entertain the idea that this is Brian's doing.

How are you guys not as pissed off as I am? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Someone find out the truth!!!
Back to top Go down
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 17:42

I'm super pissed but also frustrated because I feel like there is nothing we can do and no media or the ISU or the people in FFSG cares.  No Now Brian won't get any feedback from international judges and his ranking will get lower and lower. Why does the ISU allow that the FFSG sends fake medical statements to them? Why doesn't anyone in the FFSG say something against DG or support Brian?
I would not be surprised if they didn't let Brian skate at Euros, either. And who knows what will happen with the Olympics. I just wish that the ISU would react on this.
It's horrible how DG wants to ruin the end of Brian's career. He probably enjoys this a lot.Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 17:52

There's always something we can do. Just this whole idea that they will or won't "let" Brian skate is ridiculous. He's a grown man. He's not a baby. They can't push him around like that unless he lets them. He could and should have said something after Skate America but everyone let it slide. I didn't understand it then, and I don't understand it now.

When people treat you bad once, they will do it again. This guy does it to his skaters over and over again. And no one fights.

Maybe I'm different. I'm the type of person who writes my Congressman and goes to government meetings and makes a stink. But because I have that history I know it works. The only way the bad guys get away with their garbage is because the good guys let them. You have to fight for your rights always or they will take them away from you. Everyone knows this DG guy is dirty as hell and everyone just lets him get away with it.

From everything I've read this is completely against the rules. If the rules are on Brian's side and everyone knows DG is corrupt, I don't understand the fear.

eta: Here is my twitter. I'm going to be tweeting while I watch TEB all weekend. Let's see what I get up to.

editing again: Actually. I'm looking at the crowd at TEB. There are plenty of seats. Brian should get on a train and go sit there so the camera can be on him, not competing.

Last edited by facepalm on 15.11.13 18:03; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 18:02

Brian has already mentioned that the relationship between him and the fede has cooled down and he has also told that the Skate America thing was a punishment. I don't think that he can really criticize DG any harder now that he is still competing because DG can still do a lot to harm him.
I think Brian is afraid that DG won't let him skate at Sochi and that's why he is silent. Therefore it would be important that the media, his fans and the ISU would support Brian and make a big deal of this.
I would like to see some support signs in the audience at TEB or CoR for example.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 18:07

Bladette wrote:

I think Brian is afraid that DG won't let him skate at Sochi and that's why he is silent. Therefore it would be important that the media, his fans and the ISU would support Brian and make a big deal of this.
I would like to see some support signs in the audience at TEB or CoR for example.
I don't think this asshole has any intention of "letting" Brian go to Sochi. He's established how bad Brian's health is so far. By the time Sochi rolls around I'm sure DG will have diagnosed Brian with the Ebola virus.

IMO, it's fight now, or go out with a wimper. But that's my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 18:23

but wtf?!? I just can't believe it. I'm so sad and so angry right now, we were waiting for him so much, we wanted to see him so much, and now that fool DG doesn't let him go!!(( just why?? I can't understand that!
and it seems like it's impossible to do something because the fede doesn't care about anything!! I'm scared they will not let him compete at euros and Olympics! and probably Brian also thinks so that's why he doesn't fight really... in fact, I don't know what could Brian because I don't see anything DG would care about :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 18:34

Hopeness wrote:
but wtf?!? I just can't believe it. I'm so sad and so angry right now, we were waiting for him so much, we wanted to see him so much, and now that fool DG doesn't let him go!!(( just why?? I can't understand that!
Some people just enjoy showing their power like this, without any actual reasons. DG wants to show that he is the one who says the last word. He doesn't really care about Brian at all, otherwise he would have listened Brian's point of view in this issue. And remember when after Vancouver he called Brian "an asshole"? silent The saddest thing in this all is that Brian used to say that DG is sort of like a father to him. I can only imagine how hurt and bummed he must feel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
facepalm
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 18:38

Hopeness, you go and you bring banners for Brian. You hang them anyway even if he won't be there.
Back to top Go down
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 19:00

facepalm wrote:
Hopeness, you go and you bring banners for Brian. You hang them anyway even if he won't be there.

yeah, but it will not be the same without him(
it will be my first time on CoR, I was so happy about it and now I'm so disappointed because I'll surely have a mixed impression :/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 19:07

First of all, Gailhaguet is a moron. He has only two viable options in men's skating at the moment, and with Amodio skating relatively poorly, one would think he'd want to hedge his bets and at least have Brian get some feedback from international judges & a few ranking points.

I don't think Brian will be kept out of the major events. There are no other options - Besseghier isn't popular with the FFSG and is injured, Ponsart is injured and done for the season. So there are two explanations for this bizarre course of action IMO: one, Gailhaguet still wants Amodio as the French no. 1 (why?!) and can't risk having him shown up by Brian.

Two, and more likely: Gailhaguet is indeed hedging his bets, but in a different way - if Brian does poorly, Gailhaguet can say he knew it all along and there just wasn't anything to be done for Brian because of bad prep/bad coaching/bad choreo/take your pick. If Brian does do well (which would be totally cheers), Gailhaguet takes the credit because Brian was so unprepared and only by the grace off Gailhaguet's intervention and suggestions were his season and reputation saved.

Bottom line: Gailhaguet is gross and it's a good thing Brian will soon be out of his control.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 19:10

I'm sorry for you Hopeness, you must have been waiting a long time to see him. That's why I won't buy any tickets to Euros because I'm afraid he won't be there, either. But I'd like to see your Brian banners at CoR, too! I love you 

I just noticed the banner on Brian's official home page brian-joubert.com, the site will be closed on 24th November. I know it wasn't updated at all lately but it's still kind of sad. I wonder why?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 19:22

Yulie wrote:
First of all, Gailhaguet is a moron. He has only two viable options in men's skating at the moment, and with Amodio skating relatively poorly, one would think he'd want to hedge his bets and at least have Brian get some feedback from international judges & a few ranking points.

I don't think Brian will be kept out of the major events. There are no other options - Besseghier isn't popular with the FFSG and is injured, Ponsart is injured and done for the season. So there are two explanations for this bizarre course of action IMO: one, Gailhaguet still wants Amodio as the French no. 1 (why?!) and can't risk having him shown up by Brian.

Two, and more likely: Gailhaguet is indeed hedging his bets, but in a different way - if Brian does poorly, Gailhaguet can say he knew it all along and there just wasn't anything to be done for Brian because of bad prep/bad coaching/bad choreo/take your pick. If Brian does do well (which would be totally cheers), Gailhaguet takes the credit because Brian was so unprepared and only by the grace off Gailhaguet's intervention and suggestions were his season and reputation saved.

Bottom line: Gailhaguet is gross and it's a good thing Brian will soon be out of his control.
Cannot argue with this!

I sincerely hope that Brian gets to Euros & Sochi - are there any possible B events for him to do before the New Year?

Its hard to pick which is DG's worst behaviour this season - his treatment of Brian or his treatment of young star ice dancers Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron. It is really long past time that FFSG got a new leader, preferably one with a brain, an interest in their skaters & their wellbeing, a few morals & some good manners!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 19:26

Sheena wrote:
I sincerely hope that Brian gets to Euros & Sochi - are there any possible B events for him to do before the New Year?
Not really, because if he takes a medical WD he can't compete for a certain period. The New Year Cup at the beginning of January might work - it's two weeks pre-Euros.

Quote :
Its hard to pick which is DG's worst behaviour this season - his treatment of Brian or his treatment of young star ice dancers Gabriella Papadakis & Guillaume Cizeron. It is really long past time that FFSG got a new leader, preferably one with a brain, an interest in their skaters & their wellbeing, a few morals & some good manners!
Don't forget the treatment of Anais Ventard.

Anyway, I vote for Alban Preaubert and Nathalie Pechalat to run the FFSG together. Both have Master's degrees in management, skating experience, and are smart and dedicated. Nathalie has done sports management internships and Alban wrote his thesis about broadcast rights for skating, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 20:41

Yulie wrote:
Sheena wrote:
Not really, because if he takes a medical WD he can't compete for a certain period. The New Year Cup at the beginning of January might work - it's two weeks pre-Euros.

Quote :
Don't forget the treatment of Anais Ventard.

Anyway, I vote for Alban Preaubert and Nathalie Pechalat to run the FFSG together. Both have Master's degrees in management, skating experience, and are smart and dedicated. Nathalie has done sports management internships and Alban wrote his thesis about broadcast rights for skating, or something like that.
So in taking him out of CoR, DG (who is the one actually taking the medical WD!) also costs him an entry in earlier B event, such as Dortmund?

There is Anais too, beating all her rivals at home & not getting an international assignment because she 'only' has two triples, which she actually lands as well as having interesting skating....

Alban & Nathalie to run FFSG sounds good to me!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 20:57

Sheena wrote:
So in taking him out of CoR, DG (who is the one actually taking the medical WD!)  also costs him an entry in earlier B event, such as Dortmund?
I think so, IIRC the rules are two weeks after the event in question or until the end of the GP season? Or maybe that's just for seeded skaters - Brian wasn't top six at Worlds, so he's only an invited skater this season.

Quote :
There is Anais too, beating all her rivals at home & not getting an international assignment because she 'only' has two triples
My understanding is that it's mostly because she won't leave Annecy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   15.11.13 21:57

i don't exactly understand. what if brian just goes to competitions he qualified for, or was invited to ? can the federation just stop him from going to sochi ?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian   

Back to top Go down

Nouvelles de Brian/News of Brian
Page 13 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 18 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Brian Joubert :: Discussion on Brian-
Jump to: