Share | 

Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
skyzthelynnit
vip

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   02.04.07 19:33

Buttons of interest:

Tiny orange arrows
http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/8016/orangearrowsly4.gif The red circles indicate easy ways to go to the next thread or back up to the top of the page.

Go to the most recent post made in a thread.
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/4303/viewlatestpastua9.gif The red arrow points to a little arrow with a tiny white uhh square? If you click on that it will take you to the last post that was made in that thread.

Go to the last post you read within a thread
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/1743/viewnewestpostve1.gif The red arrow points to the little arrow with an orange square.. clicking on that will take you to where you left off in that thread. (the last post that you read in that thread in other words.)

If you know of more please share here! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rach
vip

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   02.04.07 21:30

OK, I took a screengrab to explain just about every button I could find.

1/ The homepage of the forum
2/ The Portal : a collection of the latest posts and some other stuff organised for your convenience.
3/ Members' photo and image galleries. You can also create your own starting from this link.
4/ A default MegaBB forum FAQ for troubleshooting
5/ Search posts by author, topic, time posted, etc.
6/ A list of all of our members with links to their profiles
7/ Not really used on this forum, as the only group is "Moderators"
8/ View and edit your own profile
9/ Access to your private message inbox
10/ This should be self-explanitory. Ends your session and logs you out.
11/ Make a new thread
12/ Respond to the thread you are currently browsing
13/ Go to the previous thread
14/ Scroll back to the top of the page
15/ Go to the next thread
16/ Post a response with a copy of this person's post included as a quotation
17/ [Only available for your own posts] Edit your post.
18/ [Only available for your own posts] Delete your post.
19/ Report this post to the moderators for questionable content. Be careful, we take all reports very seriously! Thank you!
20/ Scroll back to the top of the page
21/ Scroll down
22/ View this poster's profile
23/ Send this poster a private message
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rach
vip

Number of posts : 2458
Registration date : 2006-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   02.04.07 21:31

Veuillez consulter la capture d'écran ci-dessus. Les explications suivantes correspondent aux chiffres rouges qui y sont marquées.

1/ L'accueil du forum
2/ Le portail : une page qui offre une porte d'entrée unique sur un large
panel de ressources et de services. (Merci wikipédia... évidemment je
n'utilise jamais ce portail !)
3/ Accéder aux galeries de photos de nos membres. Vous pouvez également créer la vôtre.
4/ Un FAQ fournie par MegaBB pour vous aider avec le dépannage
5/ Effectuer une recherche des sujets et/ou des messages du forum. Trier par auteur, date, mots-clés etc.
6/ Liste complète des membres
7/ Groupes du forum. Pas trop important sur ce forum comme le seul groupe est celui des modérateurs.
8/ Accéder au panneau de contrôle, à partir duquel vous pouvez consulter ou modifier les informations de votre compte tels que votre mot de passe et votre profil.
9/ Accéder à votre boîte de messages privés
10/ Déconnexion. Fermez votre session en cliquant ici.
11/ Créer un nouveau sujet
12/ Répondre au sujet actuel
13/ Voir le sujet précedent
14/ Voir le sujet suivant
15/ Revenir en haut de la page
16/ Répondre au sujet en citant cet utilisateur (une copie de son message apparaîtra comme citation dans votre réponse).
17/ [Disponible uniquement pour vos propres messages] Modifier votre message
18/ [Disponible uniquement pour vos propres messages] Supprimer votre message
19/ Signaler ce message aux modérateurs afin de nous avertir que le contenu est offensant, inapproprié ou un quelconque manquement aux règles. À ne pas prendre à la légère ! Faites attention, nous prenons au très sérieux tout message marqué !
20/ Revenir en haut de la page
21/ Aller en bas de la page
22/ Voir le profil de cet utilisateur
23/ Envoyer un message privé à cet utilisateur
Back to top Go down
View user profile
skyzthelynnit
vip

Number of posts : 1865
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   05.04.07 16:31

I accidentally deleted a post of Gis when I stickied this topic pale Je regrette Gis!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   05.04.07 18:41

skyzthelynnit wrote:
I accidentally deleted a post of Gis when I stickied this topic pale Je regrette Gis!
It arrives, there is not problem, thank you for signalling it to me Wink !

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   28.08.07 20:08

Spoiler :You can use " this beacon " SPOILER when you want to write a message that you do not want the " visitors or other persons to read it " but really do not fool it! LOL! The person who must read it must click over and apparait sentence..
Vous pouvez utiliser "cette balise" SPOILER lorsque vous voulez écrire un message que vous ne voulez pas que les "visiteurs ou autres personnes le lisent " mais n'en abusez pas tout de même!LOL!
La personne qui doit le lire doit cliquer dessus et la phrase apparait..

Exemple :
Spoiler:

:bjdg3dl9:

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 15:28

Gislaine - moi aussi evec toi!!

Just to say that I am unable to use the "spoiler" as I don't have the right button on my screen (that is to say I can click on a message, but cannot make one) - some other members may be the same!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 15:39

Sheena ,You have no bouton " spoiler " hohohoho, normally yes: when you want to post, you see a series of "buttons" " italic" "fat" " etc.? There is " spoiler "next to" Barré "

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 15:56

Spoiler:

I noticed that Gis had used it for Manu. Now I can understand it ! Laughing
it's funny ! :greensmilewink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 16:38

Gislaine, the buttons at the top of my quick reply/post message box do not include ones for spoiler or strike (like what you & Saori used above) - I think it is just a different layout than yours. (Lynn helped me with this a while back, up to then I thought that I was either blind - couldn't see it - or stupid - couldn't work it - but now I know it is just not there on my screen!)

I only mentioned it as some others may have the same layout as me & therefore no spoiler or strike button!?!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 17:16

Sheena, there are 2 layout. I used to use type A. If you used type B, would you change it to A ?? and try it again ??? Very Happy

A : B :
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 17:58

Yes, I (or at least my computer does!) use type B layout. I have tried clicking on the A/A (change editor mode function) as circled by you, Saori, but all that seems to do is change the background colour in the box from white to blue!

Can any technically brilliant person give me any advice on how to change layout types? (And if you cannot, don't worry - the world isn't going to stop turning because I an anable to do so!!)

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   29.08.07 19:34

Spoiler:

ETA: Seems to work!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   30.08.07 12:51

Sheena wrote:
Yes, I (or at least my computer does!) use type B layout. I have tried clicking on the A/A (change editor mode function) as circled by you, Saori, but all that seems to do is change the background colour in the box from white to blue!

Can any technically brilliant person give me any advice on how to change layout types? (And if you cannot, don't worry - the world isn't going to stop turning because I an anable to do so!!)

Sheena Ok!

I understood what arrives at you .lol! It is a history with A/a Tu must clquer again over to see the famous buttons (which "Spoiler")
you must click on A/A which are on the line " to Post an answer " "Poster un message" then you will see buttons appropriate. I have just made a try, this walks for me!

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   30.08.07 13:19

Spoiler:

:incass: it works!! Thanks Wonderful Boss!

For anyone else having a challenge wih this, it doesn't work on "quick reply"; you have to click on 'repondre' & then you can change the editor mode as descibed by Gislaine ....et voila!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   30.08.07 13:57

You're welcome Sheena!
Spoiler:

I do not use function " quick answer "..

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   20.11.07 16:09

Il y a eu la mise à jour concernant la fenêtre de l' édition , j'ai mis deux liens qui pourraient vous aider : il y a toutes les indications concernant la barre de navigation de la nouvelle version .
There was an update concerning the window of the edition, I put two links which could help you: there are all the indications concerning the navigation bar of the new version.

English

http://help.forumotion.com/updates-and-new-features-f24/new-message-editor-t8799.htm#45430

Français

http://forum.forumactif.com/questions-reponses-frequentes-f14/changement-de-version-de-l-editeur-de-message-t171299.htm

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG   

Back to top Go down

Tips and Tricks - help with navigation of the BJDG
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Board issues and Questions/Questions sur le forum-
Jump to: