Best wishes to Laura! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   22.01.12 11:02

I have read some news that Finland hopes to get a new GP-event! Banane I am of course very happy about it! Then I read that maybe TEB will give up it's GP-status Question
I started to think that does the French federation maybe prepare that after Brian and Nathalie&Fabian retire, the attendance to TEB will drop a lot. Brian has been the poster boy for the competition for many years and maybe they think that Amodio can't draw people to Bercy as much? All in all it sounds weird that TEB would like to stop. I hope we will get more information about this soon.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fandebrian
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 652
Registration date : 2010-11-12

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   22.01.12 12:40

Bladette wrote:
I have read some news that Finland hopes to get a new GP-event! Banane I am of course very happy about it! Then I read that maybe TEB will give up it's GP-status Question
I started to think that does the French federation maybe prepare that after Brian and Nathalie&Fabian retire, the attendance to TEB will drop a lot. Brian has been the poster boy for the competition for many years and maybe they think that Amodio can't draw people to Bercy as much? All in all it sounds weird that TEB would like to stop. I hope we will get more information about this soon.

I understand your satisfaction with this news but I wouldn't like TEB stopped because I really like this competition even if Brian or Nathalie&Fabian will retire. I have read once that the Grand Prix competitions are in France, Russia, China, Japan, USA and Canada because the figure skating is the strongest just in these countries but if Finland will get a new GP-event, I don't mind, it will be interesting! Very Happy
I agree with you, Brian always could attract attention but it's nothing strange, after all Brian is a big champion!!! bravobrianfrance2 And Florent? We will see, but I think Brian is more talented than him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kovatoni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2006-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   24.01.12 20:54

Maybe the same will happen like a few years ago with Sparkassen-Cup in Germany... Still miss it a lot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.figureskating-online.com
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   02.02.12 6:30

Quote :
I have read some news that Finland hopes to get a new GP-event! I am of course very happy about it! Then I read that maybe TEB will give up it's GP-status
I started to think that does the French federation maybe prepare that after Brian and Nathalie&Fabian retire, the attendance to TEB will drop a lot. Brian has been the poster boy for the competition for many years and maybe they think that Amodio can't draw people to Bercy as much? All in all it sounds weird that TEB would like to stop.

Perhaps,Federation wants to keep GP-event,but France Television and sponsors give up to help for the competition.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   13.02.12 21:29

I'm not sure if this has been posted before or not, but good news is always good, right? Well: according to Kevin van der Perren's website, his wrist is not fractured; the problem was ligament damage. He's wearing a brace and hopes to be ready for Worlds. Yay!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.02.12 9:23

That is wonderful news Yulie! Very Happy sunny

It's funny that I was just about to ask if Kevin is planning to go to the Worlds!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.02.12 17:40

Great news Yulie! I hope to see Kevin in Nice; it would be a pity if his long career would have ended in Sheffield with this injury.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.02.12 18:09

I have been told by my Belgian friends that Jorik is already selected by the Belgian Federation for Nice, I do hope very much that Kevin will be there - time will tell!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.02.12 18:19

Maybe it was assumed that Kevin was definitely out? Because if he's healthy - he's the national champion, had a good GP showing, and was actually ahead of Hendrickx at Euros when the injury forced him out.

Also, I like Kevin better, which is an excellent reason in and of itself. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   15.02.12 18:19

I totally agree with your reasoning Yulie!

Let us hope for the best!

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   18.02.12 10:07

I can tell you that Laura Lepistö's visit in North Korea has caused a quite storm here in Finland. All the major newspapers are writing about it and many people critize her and Finnish federation's decision in several forums. Now her manager tries to defend her. The magazines are trying to contact Laura but she is not allowed to have her mobile phone in Korea. I can only image what will happen when she comes back, her good image is long gone!

I saw pictures of the show and noticed that Nathalie and Fabian are there again! I can only wonder why they want to participate after knowing what they really celebrate there. I guess they need desperately money, too. But that doesn't seem to bother people in France?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   18.02.12 12:47

I remember a few years ago Tomas Verner was highly criticized for participating in North Korean show.
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/pjkwong/2011/03/verner-puzzled-by-north-korea-controversy.html

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   19.02.12 9:08

Update re. Kevin - my friend has told me in her lastest email that Kevin is indeed going to Worlds (injuries permitting!) as he wants to finish on a complete competition - he doesn't mind if he finishes 24th! Jorik is substitute.

Great news, I wish I could afford to go.....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
mba83
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1898
Registration date : 2008-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   21.02.12 16:04

Evgeni Plushenko sets surgery date 23 Feb. So it seems he will not compete at Worlds.
http://espn.go.com/olympics/figureskating/story/_/id/7536814/evgeni-plushenko-sets-knee-surgery-feb-23
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   22.02.12 13:08

here's an article about lepisto's visit in north korea. basically she says same as tomas did last year. the strange thing is plushenko's political comments in the end of the article Shocked
http://www.hs.fi/english/article/Finnish+ex-European+Champion+takes+part+in+North+Korean+figure+skating+event/1329103473183
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   16.03.12 14:15

I've just read that Tatiana Tarasova is due to have spinal surgery on Monday morning 19th March in Hanover, Germany.

Let us hope that it goes well for her!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   16.03.12 16:51

Wow!!! Sheena, was anything said as to the nature of the surgery, specifically what they are going to repair/do? I do hope the surgery is more successful than most spinal surgeries are, in the long term.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   16.03.12 17:58

It was very brief Mary, that was basically all it said.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   16.03.12 20:12

all the bet wishes for tatiana tarasova!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re:Bits 'n' Bobs   26.03.12 13:53

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   26.03.12 16:50

Thats a shame - good luck to Laura in her future!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   26.03.12 19:35

Sheena wrote:
Update re. Kevin - my friend has told me in her lastest email that Kevin is indeed going to Worlds (injuries permitting!) as he wants to finish on a complete competition - he doesn't mind if he finishes 24th! Jorik is substitute.

Great news, I wish I could afford to go.....

Thank you for the update Sheena!

I feel sorry for Laura! She was one of my favourites in the ladies field.

Sheena

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   29.03.12 11:40

Good news re. Tatiana Tarasova, she has had her surgery & is making (as at 23/3/12) a steady recovery.

I hope it continues to go well for her!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   01.04.12 15:13

Maxim just posted this one on twitter Very Happy

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   

Back to top Go down

Bits 'n' Bobs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 36 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: