Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   01.04.12 19:51

Haha awesome!

Queeni
Love's divine

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   09.04.12 14:55

Looks like Michal Brezina is leaving Oberstdorf - he's changing coaches, at least.

http://www.michalbrezina.com/news-archiv.php?id-novinky=53
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

Number of posts : 640
Registration date : 2010-07-11

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   16.04.12 18:05

And a major coaching change today: Patrick Chan and Christy Krall = the end. There are contradictory reports as to who made the decision. Chan is sticking with Kathy Johnson and will stay in Colorado Springs.

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   18.04.12 9:52

Christy Krall scares me... hide8up
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re:Bits 'n' Bobs   19.04.12 5:22

Kevin Van der Perren interview

http://www.absoluteskating.com/index.php?cat=interviews&id=2012vdperren

Mao Asada TV Commercial for her sponsor Oji Nepia's wet wipe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Vv0jxTIw0
http://www2.nepia.co.jp/homeuse/product/wetonton.html

Daisuke Takahashi for Kinoshita group(sponsor of Japan figure skating)

http://www.kinoshita-group.co.jp/cm_gallery/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anja
Caruso

Number of posts : 330
Registration date : 2009-09-03

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   19.04.12 15:55

Thank you for the links, Selia!

And special thanks to Titi for this great interview with Kevin! After reading it, I'm so thankful to the Belgian federation for sending him to Worlds, because this decision made it possible for me to watch Kevin's last competitive performance live, and it was brilliant. The standing ovation after his FP was one of the most touching moments for me in Nice. I wish him all the best for his future life!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Selia
Untouchable

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2011-05-23

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   25.04.12 9:37

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   06.05.12 17:01

A couple of new partnership notes:

A few weeks after Amanda Evora's retirement, Mark Ladwig has a new partner, Lindsay Davis (source)

Dan Zhang has retired from competitive skating; she was just too tall for pairs, and it wasn't feasible for them to continue together. She will now focus on her university studies, while Hao Zhang is continuing with a new partner, Cheng Peng (she is 16 or 17, not sure exactly). The articles so far are all in Chinese.

ETA: Vanessa Crone has teamed up with Nikolaj Sorenson, and they will reportedly skate for Canada. Why they would want to compete against all the other Canadian teams instead of representing Denmark, I've no idea.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   07.05.12 15:02

Yulie wrote:

ETA: Vanessa Crone has teamed up with Nikolaj Sorenson, and they will reportedly skate for Canada. Why they would want to compete against all the other Canadian teams instead of representing Denmark, I've no idea.

That does seems like a strange choice - why be one of the top 5-6 teams in Canada (with no chance of Worlds etc) when you could be the no. 1 in Denmark & possibly one of the top 5-6 teams in Europe?

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   10.05.12 15:09

Sheena wrote:
Yulie wrote:

That does seems like a strange choice - why be one of the top 5-6 teams in Canada (with no chance of Worlds etc) when you could be the no. 1 in Denmark & possibly one of the top 5-6 teams in Europe?

I agree with you Sheena. It doesn't make any sense to compete for Canada, especially since they could easily be the top team in Denmark.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bublijojo
J'ai demandé à la lune

Number of posts : 536
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   04.06.12 9:59

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   04.06.12 10:39

^ Yes, I thought that needed to be posted... to summarize: Igor Shpilband has been fired from Arctic Edge amidst allegations that he's been neglecting his teams (allegations made by rink management, presumably based on the skaters' input). However, if one clicks over to the comments, Jacqui White (Charlie's mother) has a different story to tell, and says this is a mega fight between Shpilband and Zoueva. As poster Doris Pulaski noted on FSU, the official account is completely implausible as all the top Canton teams are on vacation, and V/M were doing Canadian Stars on Ice before that, making it unlikely that there would have been some crisis involving the skaters at this time.

This could get very ugly - and it should be quite interesting to see how the dance landscape is shaken up.

In more minor dance news, Crone and Sorenson didn't work out, and reportedly Samuelson and Gilles have also called it quits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   04.06.12 13:30

WOW is right!

I'm amused that all these young adults in their twenties are referred to as "kids"!!!!

However I think that is probably the only thing in this mess that amuses me.

Going to be interesting to see how it all works out - especially thinking back to the Tarasova-Morosov split, when at least one dance couple split because of it.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   05.06.12 2:39

Nothing like a good-sized chunk of drama for the off-season! lol This will keep everyone talking and speculating for a lot of weeks.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   05.06.12 6:11

The latest story: http://www.freep.com/article/20120604/SPORTS18/120604082/1048/sports. Looks like all the top teams will be staying with Marina and the skaters have mastered the art of making empty statements.

It looks like Igor was really blind-sided by this, but nobody else was. Unless he did something completely beyond the pale, I think it's ugly to basically fire someone with no notice at the end of a weekend and ugly for the skaters to treat him like this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
quintia
Matrix

Number of posts : 3229

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   05.06.12 19:17

Oh wow, thanks for those articles on the Igor and Marina drama. Whoa. Shocked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   06.06.12 2:42

Thanks, Yulie, for the link to that last article on this split up between Shpilband and Zoueva. There's a lot of this which doesn't make a whole lot of sense, lol, especially that the dance teams caught up in this are thanking Igor for all he's done for them in making it possible for them to have such great successes. What I don't understand is...if that's true, that he was their key to medals, why stick with Zoueva? I would think they'd want to stick with Igor, instead, unless there's some hidden but implied loss of ice time or something else. Is Zoueva that much of a controlling woman, someone who coerces the teams to stick with her...for whatever reason?

Hmmmm.....

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   07.06.12 10:30

Well.... we'll never know the answers to all the questions.
It's a fight between the two coaches but it's interesting if the skaters were involved as well. We'll never know that.
Now the interesting thing is what will happen next. What will Shpilband do? And how will the careers of the 3 pairs develop?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   13.06.12 17:53

Igor Shpilband has found a new rink - he'll be in Novi, also in the Detroit area, and there is now official confirmation of at least one team going with him: Madison Chock and Evan Bates. Meanwhile, here's a story in the Globe and Mail with quotes from Scott Moir.

In music news, Nathalie and Fabian have announced that they will do a Rolling Stones FD next season! And the far less interesting Patrick Chan has left Lori Nichol and will reportedly have new programs by Jeffrey Buttle and David Wilson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Bladette
James Bond

Number of posts : 1036
Registration date : 2009-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.06.12 8:15

Yulie wrote:

In music news, Nathalie and Fabian have announced that they will do a Rolling Stones FD next season! And the far less interesting Patrick Chan has left Lori Nichol and will reportedly have new programs by Jeffrey Buttle and David Wilson.

I am not sure what to think about the Rolling Stones. silent I just hope the program and the music cuts will be better than Alban Preaubert's Rolling Stone's program... But I am quite confident that Nathalie and Fabian will pull it off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.06.12 9:21

I think that Natalie & Fabian's program to Rolling Stones will be cool Very Happy they'll certainly do something brilliant with it Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hopeness
Untouchable

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-06-03

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.06.12 11:51

Thanks for information Yulie!
Rolling Stones it's great. I don't know what it will be but I feel I'll like it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   14.06.12 12:04

The off-season weirdness continues: there are now reports that Daisuke Takahashi will be returning to Nikolai Morozov. Why he would do such a thing is a complete mystery.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   15.06.12 2:24

Yulie wrote:
The off-season weirdness continues: there are now reports that Daisuke Takahashi will be returning to Nikolai Morozov. Why he would do such a thing is a complete mystery.

Where did you see these reports, Yulie? A link to them would be nice. It's always a good idea to have some sort of proof that what you've read isn't simply a rumor. The last thing we want to do, here, is give life to information that may be not true or only true in parts.

I can't imagine why Takahashi would even consider returning to Morozov lol . If this is true it seem like a recipe for more drama lol

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Yulie
Blue Man Group

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   15.06.12 4:27

FSU, Golden Skate, Dai's fan forum, Tatjana Flade's Twitter (she's a very dependable source for skating news) - she said she heard reports back in May and that a press release is expected today, so then we will know for sure. I wouldn't have posted it if it didn't look like a real story. So it looks like he will be working with Morozov but Lori Nichol may be doing at least part of the choreo (the part about Nichol was in an Ice Network story a few weeks back).

ETA: confirmation from Ice Network.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bits 'n' Bobs   

Back to top Go down

Bits 'n' Bobs
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 37 of 39Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: