View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.02.08 22:42

It seems to be true. Plushenko plans to be back next season.
Thanks for the links Daniela and Irene Very Happy

http://de.rian.ru/sports/20080218/99518032.html (german)
Summary:
In today's press conference he said that he'll definitely be back next season. He's already practicing and doing jumps with 3.5 turns. And he plans to start with a smaller competition in September/October.

Articles in French:
http://fr.news.yahoo.com/afp/20080218/tsp-jo-glace-patinage-artistique-rus-c682194_1.html

http://www.lameuse.be/actualite/fil_info/article_578332.shtml

http://www.eurosport.fr/patinageartistique/sport_sto1483671.shtml
Back to top Go down
View user profile
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.02.08 23:43

all that comes to mind is : again??? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mygirl

Number of posts : 971
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 4:58

Please, not again... I can't bear a thought of him coming back.
It is not that I don't enjoy his skating, sometimes I do in fact.
For example, when I watched the show at Red Square in December I did love his performance. He was really impressive and I have to hand it to him

But I simply want to see some new faces representing Russia. Why not give other skaters a chance?
After all, they also have to gain the experience how to compete at major competitions and to challenge for a medal some day.
Besides when you watch skaters performing as Takahashi did at Four Continents,
you do start wondering whether it is sensible for Plushenko to make a comeback.

Although I guess Plushenko's fans are of another opinion. They must be looking forward to his return.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 9:59

That's bad news for me too....but i think that it means only that he began practising.i think if he believes that he isn't good enough he won't comeback.
he cosiders himself a winner and he want's to comeback to win. maybe he changes his mind after the Worlds.... who knows... confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 10:29

Well, I have heard it so many times, but I still cant believe in it. I dont really think he can be a real contender for 2010 Olys. So many things has changed, and its not only Takahashi who could challenge him. And I also dont think he really needs it - he is an Olympic champion, after some surgeries - he should be happy that he can skate and entertain the crowd in shows. If he wins, it will be kind of a usual thing. If he loses, he will lost some of his reputation.

Please, Plushy, be happy with your medal from Turin and watch Vancouver on TV. It will be better for you, and for us.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
klaw1000
Untouchable

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 10:57

surely he will be too old by then! Shocked

Quote :
Please, Plushy, be happy with your medal from Turin and watch Vancouver on TV. It will be better for you, and for us.

maybe we should send him some advice!! Twisted Evil lol!

:bjdg3dl9:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leni
Matrix

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 12:30

Thanks for the articles Nina!! :Merci2:
I hope Plushenko takes the right decision for him and his career... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 14:09

Thanks Nina!
Yeah...even Polish news portals put it in the news Suspect (and the figure skating news are posted once in a blue moon here in Poland)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
annie_celeblas
Love's divine

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 14:34

Thanks for the news.
I really hope he does not come back. Why he just can't give a chance to other Russians - Voronov, Lutai etc.? He just wants to feel that they still need him. Evil or Very Mad

You know what, if he comes back I really hope that he will not even finish at the podium at major competitions, that would be a good lesson.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocsanaelena
James Bond

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.02.08 18:04

well, if i should pick someone for comming back in skating that person will definitely be yagudin and not plushenko...i hope he's not serious...and this not because he would be a threat for brian or stephane....they are much better then a few years ago....but he does the same thing everytime...and i don't want to see him doing again and again the same program...remember when he said he will present a new program at the olympics? and yet he did an old program...i really think his time for competing is gone......and it will be really difficult for him to come back, many things have changed....
and he can't compete for ever...

but, we will see...anyway, i think now a bigger threat for brian is takahashi and plushenko won't be able to be in the top if he comes back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   21.02.08 13:20

Back to top Go down
View user profile
klaw1000
Untouchable

Number of posts : 127
Registration date : 2007-03-02

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   21.02.08 14:13

wow!thanks for the article Nina! hugs
I guess if it is in the news, he really must be coming back :brak: ...I think it is unfortunate for all the younger russian men...shouldn't they have their chance?the guy Voronov(I think scratch ...the one that was 4th in Zagreb) was great I thought..they can't rely on plushy forever!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr irritated. :337malzonka.gi
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   21.02.08 14:28

klaw1000 wrote:

I guess if it is in the news, he really must be coming back :brak:

LOL, I always love such attitudes, it makes me sure Im not in vain here, writing to the newspaper... Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   22.02.08 2:07

While I don't think Plushenko's return is such a bad thing I do hope he doesn't make the mistake of entering the competitions with the assumption that he's locked into winning. The skaters he left behind after his Olympic win have improved immeasurably and are, now, stiff compeition for him. He'll have to fight hard to repeat those gold medals, LOL, because the judges won't hand them over to him because he's the reining Olympic gold medalist.

In addition I think his presence among the competitors will be a good thing, since it will push Brian, Lambiel, Takahashi, Weir and Lysacek, and the others to be on the top of their game, and that will make for superb competitions. It will be very interesting to watch what develops.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nina
vip

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   22.02.08 11:33

Ximena wrote a long and informative post on FSU. Here is an extract of it:

"As for him coming back or not. The difference between his call and some of the other skaters is that Evgeni is training every day now, he is on diet, he has been consistenly skating every since Torino. He is preparing the programs, the SP is done, that and two more just in case, and apparently 3 FS (and wether you like it or not, it is Marton again). He has put on hold any other activities that is not regarding his skating. So he is doing what it's necesary to come back, and he wants to. So unless he re-injured himself (I so hope that does not happen) he will come back."

I didn't know all these things. Especially about the SP's and LP's!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
leni
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   22.02.08 11:55

I didn`t know about it too, Nina, thanks for the info! bisousfleurs
ITA with you Mary C. Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
humming bird
Le Blues du Businessman

Number of posts : 2083
Registration date : 2006-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   22.02.08 23:36

yeah... they even told that on Polish radio station Shocked Shocked
hm... he may either win with the same program as usual or bury his legend. actually it's quite brave of him I guess. eg I would be quite scared of the possibility that my big legend would be ruined and I think that is quite a brave decision.
hmm we'll see.. I think there's a long way from the decision to reality in the future.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   24.02.08 11:20

Ninchen wrote:
"....and apparently 3 FS (and wether you like it or not, it is Marton again)."

Marton? rather not.... :running-away:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   24.02.08 11:29

Apriori i cannot stand Plushenko...but i can't stand him even more in combination with Marton! affraid
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   24.02.08 19:19

Ninchen wrote:

"As for him coming back or not. The difference between his call and some of the other skaters is that Evgeni is training every day now, he is on diet, he has been consistenly skating every since Torino. He is preparing the programs, the SP is done, that and two more just in case, and apparently 3 FS (and wether you like it or not, it is Marton again). He has put on hold any other activities that is not regarding his skating. So he is doing what it's necesary to come back, and he wants to. So unless he re-injured himself (I so hope that does not happen) he will come back."

I didn't know all these things. Especially about the SP's and LP's!

I love the idea of having multible programmes in waiting - or is it the same programme to different pieces of music?

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   25.02.08 10:01

Sheena wrote:

or is it the same programme to different pieces of music?

Since sometimes it is really hard to find any connection between Plushenko's movements and the music, it's not unlikely at all. :lach:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   25.02.08 15:32

WHAT??!! I'm going completly retarted here
I was getting used not seing Plush at the competition, i wonder what Brian's reaction is on this
Thank you for the news pale
I think it's a bit dishonest if he has been training since Torino and wants to come back just before the Vancouver Olympics.

leni
Matrix

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   25.02.08 16:16

Quote :
I think it's a bit dishonest if he has been training since Torino and wants to come back just before the Vancouver Olympics.

I agree Manon, I feel the same... Neutral But, despite the fact that he`s been training for a long time, he hasn`t competed for a long time and this is still a big disadvantage, many athletes have evoluated, so...we`ll see! Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaterina
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   25.02.08 18:14

Quote :
He is preparing the programs, the SP is done, that and two more just in case, and apparently 3 FS (and wether you like it or not, it is Marton again).

lol!

Sorry, I do try to be serious... I just can't. The latest thing I've heard about Plushenko is his recent interview where he announced that he had finally landed a 3A. Which caused nothing but mockery on numerous russian boards, considering that almost all top skaters do land triple axels every day, but nobody goes as far as 'announcing' something like 'Today I've landed 10 triple axels and 15 quads. The video is already available!!'. At Russian Nationals he skated one of his SPs... So, until he (I can't help the word) announced that that was it, everyone thought it must've been a joke or another poorly done exhibition.
What I see, however, is too much media hype organized by IceVision and his sponsors who just want to remind us all that Evgeni the Great is still alive, is preparing and someday will come back to win all the gold of the world... and no reasons to believe he'll ever make it to world's top10.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocsanaelena
James Bond

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   25.02.08 20:24

Ekaterina wrote:
IceVision and his sponsors want to remind us all that Evgeni the Great is still alive, is preparing and someday will come back to win all the gold of the world...

:lach:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   

Back to top Go down

Plushenko's comeback!?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: