AuthorMessage
Anastasia
vip

Number of posts : 4091
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   26.02.08 11:37

Ekaterina wrote:
Quote :
He is preparing the programs, the SP is done, that and two more just in case, and apparently 3 FS (and wether you like it or not, it is Marton again).

lol!

Sorry, I do try to be serious... I just can't. The latest thing I've heard about Plushenko is his recent interview where he announced that he had finally landed a 3A. Which caused nothing but mockery on numerous russian boards, considering that almost all top skaters do land triple axels every day, but nobody goes as far as 'announcing' something like 'Today I've landed 10 triple axels and 15 quads. The video is already available!!'. At Russian Nationals he skated one of his SPs... So, until he (I can't help the word) announced that that was it, everyone thought it must've been a joke or another poorly done exhibition.
What I see, however, is too much media hype organized by IceVision and his sponsors who just want to remind us all that Evgeni the Great is still alive, is preparing and someday will come back to win all the gold of the world... and no reasons to believe he'll ever make it to world's top10.

Evgeni seems to love himself very much and the level on his self-admiration is quite high.....So i can see 2 possible consequences from this situation:

1)He does come back=>he is sure in his strength and capabilities to win big titles,so it is likely to become true after...

2)As Rina said it's just PR action for IceVision in which Evgeni plays a very well-payed role.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://brianjoubert.ruhelp.com/
annie_celeblas
Love's divine

Number of posts : 222
Registration date : 2007-12-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   26.02.08 15:40

Nastya, you are completely right - these are the only two outcomes.
Though, actually, I wouldn't mind the third option - when he will be sure in his strength, go to competition and end out of top 10. Evil or Very Mad

I may be mean, but after all this hype I really start to wish for this to happen.
Though I don't know if you could bear another season with Plushenko competing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ekaterina
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1935

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   27.02.08 15:18

Actually, I haven't said I don't believe in his comeback Wink In fact, I'm almost sure that he'll give it a try. I just guess media are preparing grounds for him. After a two-year break Plushy needs to remind the world who he is, how dangerous he might be etc. So, all this hype is part of Plushy's attempt to warm up the public, make us wait for his return as if it were something special and finally, persuade other competitors (and the judges) that he's still a serious rival. Mental games all over again.. While in fact he's far from being in his best shape, and there are some other issues - his health (physical and mental), technique (ugly sit spin positions, transitions), finance...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4751

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   27.02.08 15:41

leni wrote:
Quote :
I think it's a bit dishonest if he has been training since Torino and wants to come back just before the Vancouver Olympics.

I agree Manon, I feel the same... Neutral But, despite the fact that he`s been training for a long time, he hasn`t competed for a long time and this is still a big disadvantage, many athletes have evoluated, so...we`ll see! Wink

YES that's true Leni! just like you said we'll see maybe next year in Euros!

Nina
vip

Number of posts : 3534
Registration date : 2006-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   14.04.08 14:47

Back to top Go down
View user profile
leni
Matrix

Number of posts : 3121
Registration date : 2006-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   14.04.08 19:53

Thanks Nina! bisousfleurs
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   15.04.08 8:53

I will see Plushenko tonight at a show in Bratislava. I wonder what shape he is in, and if he really is fat.... uhmmm, gained weight... (like Brian said with the help of Paul Peret in Goteborg...) mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   15.04.08 9:06

Ohhhhh OMG affraid
he only wants to be the best athlete of the year.....small thing Twisted Evil
i just can't stand him.....sorry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
rocsanaelena
James Bond

Number of posts : 987
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   19.04.08 16:08

Quote :
if I win the Worlds and 2010 Olympics, maybe Laureas Academy will name me as the best athlete of the year, just like Federer.

mdr mdr mdr
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soraya
Love's divine

Number of posts : 153
Registration date : 2007-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   15.06.08 17:29

In EPD says that Plushenko is Training in Italy...... there it has a link but in russian ...........
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWITTI
The Mission

Number of posts : 427
Registration date : 2008-04-07

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   16.06.08 5:24

No problem, Soraya, put in, and we ask Nastya to translate...

Very Happy:D [bigsmile][wink]
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.brian-joubert.allgoo.net
soraya
Love's divine

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   16.06.08 9:06

The link is this:

http://novosti.err.ee/index.php?26124382

And now they have written that Plushenkjo is in Italy with Mishin Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWITTI
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.06.08 8:09

Soraya:

here is the short translation:

Plush has decided to return to the Big sport.In the end of june he moves to Estonia in order to start his first serious trainings for the last 3 years.Evgeni admits that his life during his off-skating seasons resembled a coin with one sporting side and another side was devoted to show business.Evgeni is eager to start trainings again and achieve the highest positins in world figure skating again.He has chosen Estonia,because he feels pretty good there,he is provided with good training facilities and Tallin is close to St.Petesrburg-the home town of Evgeni.

HUGE-HUGE THANKS AND HUGS FOR NASTYA:)
Back to top Go down
Nicole90
Time

Number of posts : 807
Registration date : 2007-11-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.06.08 10:16

I don't really understand why he has chosen Estonia, in my opinion he didn't give a real reason, it was just baloney, nothing else. Suspect
I bet he wants to hide away from the Russian press. Otherwise why on earth would he leave the world famous skating school of Petersburg?
I assume he isn't sure at all if he is able to compete after many knees operations or not. In addition he has weigh problems. If I were him I would try tt accept that he achived evrything and one day every sportman has to withdraw. Such is life...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TWITTI
The Mission

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.06.08 14:30

You have right, Niki, I don't understand, why he constrains himself after many operations...but who knows, mean when Plush was on the top, he motivated Brian, cause Brian wanted to win over him...
I don't bet, wha will happened...a new injury for Plush, or a weak re-entering...
I think, he can't win in the Olympic, his strenght is not enough anymore..
(just my opinion....when I'll see a quad from Plush, maybe I can change it, but I'd be very angry, if he would get highest points for his fame...)
Back to top Go down
Blue Bead
vip

Number of posts : 2023

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.06.08 15:36

Nicole....Thank you so much for the translation. hugs

I'm just as puzzled as everyone esle as to why Plush is training in Estonia. Does this mean he'll be training there year round or just for the summer, and if it is all year does this mean he's not under Mishin's tutelage anymore? Or has Mishin moved to Tallin? There are so many unaswered questions about all of this.

Mary C.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
paige
Caruso

Number of posts : 331
Registration date : 2007-10-08

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   18.06.08 15:42

oh no...i don't want Plushenko to come back Neutral he was a great skater but i've never liked him. he won everything in his career, what does he want?:S i can't imagine that he'll be able to win the OG again. i think for an athlete that's the best if he can finish his career on the top...and for Plushenko it was in 2006.
and it's really strange why has he chosen Estonia. i agree with you Nicole.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   07.09.08 9:57

I was wondering if anyone has news on Plush these days?
How is his preparation going? Does he still wants to compete in January?

Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   07.09.08 11:42

Manon, the last Plushenko interview I read was like two months ago and he still was thinking about coming back to the competitions:
http://www.figureskatingmystery.com/2008/07/parental-plushenko.html (scroll down to read)

Apparently, He had a sort of test-skate in the end of the August:
http://www.allsport.ru/index.php?id=18063 (translation would be appreciated )

In other news, he is in love again....:
http://interpress.ru/index.php?t=list&news_id=18138
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   07.09.08 19:09

love.......at least a skater this time Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
soraya
Love's divine

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   07.09.08 19:29

She isn´t a skater Wink . I think that participates in a russian program of skating. I do not know who she is but I believe that she has very bad reputation in Russia.

I have heard that Plushenko will present a TV program. Suspect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   08.09.08 18:16

I think there´s too much talking about (and by??) Evgeny, mostly exaggerated talks and I don´t like that too much.
I think he´s an excellent entertainer (that´s why I´m going to see his Kings on Ice 2 show here in Slovakia on 26th September), and I used to like him very much around 2001. However, as the years went by, his style was all the same and the choreography of his competetive programmes hasn´t actually changed much. Then I saw Brian for the first time and within 2 years I had a new favourite. It was easy to see the difference, not only because Brian is a man-type of a skater, but also because his programmes have developed in choreography and style with the years. Also, and probably the most important, in my view, Evgeny is more of a "peacock" character, while Brian is a human and that says it all.
I´m not that excited about Evgeny´s comeback either, I think it´s time for other skaters, he´s achieved everything and I don´t see the point of coming back. BUT, on the other hand, if he forces Brian to do the quad flip, I won´t mind lol!

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nona

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   12.09.08 12:04

Malgosia: Thanks for the updates!
I also read about a test skate in Odincovo somewhere. And about a training camp in Mittenwald Germany. Not sure if Plushenko was there really..

6marinka
James Bond

Number of posts : 1034
Registration date : 2007-12-08

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   12.09.08 22:01

Nona wrote:
Malgosia: Thanks for the updates!
I also read about a test skate in Odincovo somewhere. And about a training camp in Mittenwald Germany. Not sure if Plushenko was there really..

Well, he was there. Why? There was a TV show here in Slovakia a few days ago, where they fulfill people´s dreams and many women/girls wished to meet Evgeny. One girl was lucky and they took her to some German town in the Alps where he was training. They met and he also skated with her. I assume the training camp was the one you read about. Smile

Michelle
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-là

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   16.09.08 17:44

Today I was at a press conference of Edvin Marton. He confirmed that Plush will have a new LP to Tango and it will have a world premiere in Košice next Thursday and I will be there! :jumping: Of course, then he will perform this tango also at the other stages of this tour, in Zvolen and Bratislava and then in Czech Rep.

Edvin said Plush will come back, and when I asked him if it is possible to know what he will skate to he said "no". Somehow this no seemed strange to me so I asked: but you and Plushenko have to know already... And Edvin said: "No, I think he hasnt decided yet."

Hey, if really wants to compete this season, in September he should have an SP! I mean, ok, he wont attend GP, but still, when he wants to build up a new SP? Im still not sure about all this comeback hype, but according to Edvin he has lost 6 kilos lately... (You might remember I told you in Goteborg how Brian had a press conference in English but asked Paul Peret to translate one sentence about Plushenko, Brian wishpered the sentence in French to Paul Peret, they smiled, and Paul said with poker face: "Plushenko has gained weight" mdr)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko's comeback!?   

Back to top Go down

Plushenko's comeback!?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: General Skating / Autre Patinage-
Jump to: