Plushenko show in Bratislava

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lŕ

Number of posts : 3974
Registration date : 2006-06-13

PostSubject: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 10:06

I was at a show of Plushenko in Bratislava on Tuesday! It was great, although Im much more into competitions than into shows...
Here is a short report about all of it.

Act 1

Intro - was nicely choreographed and I was trying to recognize the skaters who I should look forward to, because the show was advertised only with Plush and Edvin Marton and we had no idea who else will be coming except Jozef Sabovčík who couldnt miss at his home rink. At short sight I saw Surya Bonaly, Laurent Tobel and Kovaříková/Novotný, and also some unknown faces - later on it turned out they were extreme or acrobatic skaters. But not all the skaters were included in the intro.

Plushenko
- and Edvin Marton and Tosca. Was a bit surprised that Plush was already at the very beginning. He didnt seem to have gained weight. Started with 3t-2t, continued with 2a-3t, and another triple. Footwork was great but did only one spin, and it was a bit slow and easy. Maybe it was because he didnt want to become dizzy, as we saw him an hour before the show in a restaurant studying the menu, so after eating supper spins are rather uncomfortable i guess.... mdr

Lang/Tchernyishev (or how it should be spelled) - usual gala number, nothing special.

Jozef Sabovčík - to some lyrical song. Only single jumps (i guess he hadnt warmed up seriously either...), but also the famous backflip. Its always a pleasure for me to see him skate!

Faella/Scali - and their OD, I liked it.

Kovaříková/Novotný - "Hey Baby" song, crowd loved it. They had a blast out there, enjoyed every single moment of it, I was dancing on my seats too. Some nice lifts.

Johnny - I was sooooo happy to see him there! Skated to Ave Maria, was moving as always.

Savchenko/Szolkowy - "Leningrad", it was nice but not as moving as in Göteborg for me...

Surya Bonaly - to some Edvin Marton music, also with her backflip.

Obertas/Slavnov - havent seen them for ages! They also skated to Edvin music, in their purple outfits (guess it was 2005 LP outfit). Did several nice lifts and huge triple twists.

Slutskaya - also to Edvin music, she is so flexible. Did her trademark Bielmann with both legs! She is in a great shape after pregnancy, wow!

Plushenko - second time and more warmed up, to "Sirtaki", wearing red shirt and black trousers. It little bit reminded me Brians "Rise" outfit, maybe Plush realized how good it looks. Amazing footwork, but too much arm flailing, LOL! mdr I immediately remembered how Brian once called them "crazy hand movements", I had to laugh loud, people were watching me... lol! He landed a 3a-3t, it looked so easy and flawless, maybe he really wants to come back.

2nd act

Marco Klepoch, a ten year old hope of Slovak skating - skated to James Bond (different cut than Brians, but with some similar parts), did loads of jumps (forgot to count them, but maybe 8 or 9...), some were two-footed but some were great, did doubles and it seemed to me that also some triples (at what age skaters learn triples??), he skated with so much confidence in front of a crowded arena, wow... Maybe he will really be a new star!

Višňová/Csölley - Slovak junior ice dance couple, skated to Mask soundtrack.

Faella/Scali - "Angels", but not in white, but black costumes. Still, I love this programme and it always touches me.

An extreme skater (some Kratz, but I didnt understand his name properly) - kind of a clown on ice. Ive never loved clowns, nor this time. People adored him. Big applause.

Surya Bonaly - some more backflips again. She is cool.

Sergei Yakinenko (hope to spell correctly) - an acrobatic skater from the Ukraine. did some gymnastic elements on ice, it was interesting.

Viktoria Afanasieva/Pete Dack - extreme skating pair. It was a classical circus number on skates, with lots of hulahopp rings and such stuff. It was very entertaining, but I was a bit disappointed that they earned the biggest ovation - still, it was a figure skating show and not a circus....

Viktor Petrenko - and "Mambo nr 5" with that doll. Very funny, great jumps.

Obertas/Slavnov - skating to a song which contained lyrics "Never ever let you go" (well, I know that probably loads of songs have such lyrics, LOL, but it was a great song), powerful performance, great lifts and twists.

Philippe Candeloro
- this time as a Torreador. The crowd soon understood what they had to do and shout "Ollé" all the time. Skated to a big remix of various music (including Enrique Iglesias and Ricky Martin), of course, in the middle he took his shirt off... Rolling Eyes Well, Brians body is better, I can say... mdr He had shaky landings on all his jumps, but the crowd went literally crazy, and when he kissed one of the spectators, everyone screamed with enviness... Only the poor girl was protesting like crazy.

Lang/Tchernyishev - a slow song to calm all the emotions down...

Laurent Tobel - "Sunday Morning" - very funnny, a nice programme about all the troubles of a morning. Getting up early, drinking coffee... It was great, he even did a nice triple toe.

Slutskaya - skating to some gypsy song, very nice, she is still fantastic.

Jozef Sabovčík
- to rock music and with great jumps, thats the real Jumping Joe!!!! Did doubles and triples and many backflips. Earned great applause and fully deserved it!

Savchenko/Szolkowy - i dont know how this gala is called, it was to some quicker music, and they did a nice throw jump.

Plushenko - shame on me, but I dont know this song, but his programme was again full of great footwork and scary arm flailing.... lol!

And at last - finale, standing ovation and "The winner takes it all", just like in Göteborg... The end of an amazing evening...

Btw, here are some vids: http://www.webnoviny.sk/sport/clanok/8633/Krasokorculiarski-majstri-ovladli-bratislavsky-lad.html
Back to top Go down
View user profile
toutou
Empress of Image

Number of posts : 2447
Registration date : 2006-11-29

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 13:06

WOW WOW WOW !! Great report, Titi !!!! Thank you so much !!
Quote :
He landed a 3a-3t, it looked so easy and flawless, maybe he really wants to come back
It sounds very interesting !!!! I can't wait next season !!! Razz

Quote :
of course, in the middle he took his shirt off... Rolling Eyes Well, Brians body is better, I can say... mdr
:lach:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

Number of posts : 777
Registration date : 2008-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 14:03

:Merci2: for the consistent report!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gislaine
The Boss

Number of posts : 13304
Registration date : 2006-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 14:17

Great report ,thnak a lot Titi .

Gislaine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Malgosia
vip

Number of posts : 3247

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 16:15

Thanks for the report Titi!
Candeloro exposing his chest.... silent :running-away:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
zandor
Daft Punk

Number of posts : 2942
Registration date : 2006-09-29

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 17:27

Titi, thanks for the report! :Merci2:

Maybe I'm wrong but I read somewhere that Candeloro said goodbye of skating, so did he changed his mind?

_________
Izadora sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sheena

Number of posts : 5583

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 17:41

...Candelero took his shirt off? - well, there is a first time for everything!!....

I think I read that Candelero is doing his 'farewell' tour sometime this year.

Thanks Titi, glad you enjoyed the show. I know what you mean about the "extreme" skaters taking the biggest applause (what, even more than Plushenko??), at the Russian Ice Stars ballet it was usually the ariel act that most of the audience were talking about when leaving.

Nice to see that Obertas & Slavnov are still skating well, maybe we will see them in competition again next season.

"I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book" - Groucho Marx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   17.04.08 18:18

i watched the videos just now and i think Plushenko is still 'heavy' in his jumps....but still has the hands and the hair Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mygirl

Number of posts : 971

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   18.04.08 6:00

Thank you for your report, Titi!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Titanilla
Ces soirées-lŕ

Number of posts : 3974

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   18.04.08 16:51

emessse wrote:
i watched the videos just now and i think Plushenko is still 'heavy' in his jumps....but still has the hands and the hair Twisted Evil

Yeah, he is kind of "heavy", but still, I thought he would be worse. Doing triple jumps and looking so concentrated in the beginning of his programme somehow confirmed the feeling in me that he really wants to come back. Question is, if he manages to. Im a bit sceptic, but it will be interesting anyway.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Carol
James Bond

Number of posts : 1350
Registration date : 2007-01-17

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   18.04.08 20:37

Wow, thank you for the great report! cheers
Seems that the show must have been really good. I'm glad you had a good time, it's always nice to watch that kind of skating in the off-season Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://carolstime.livejournal.com
irina_something
SOS d'un terrien en detresse

Number of posts : 4437
Registration date : 2006-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   18.04.08 21:16

emessse wrote:
:lach:

titi thank you for the detailed report cheering
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   28.04.08 11:24

Back to top Go down
View user profile
emessse
Time

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   28.04.08 11:28

other photos with Irina Slutskaya, Tomas Verner, and Candeloro without shirt lol!
http://jeannej.rajce.idnes.cz/Kralove_ledove_areny_17.4.08/
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aquamarine
Lord of the Dance

Number of posts : 1951
Registration date : 2007-06-09

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   29.04.08 11:33

Thank you very much for the report Titi!! Very Happy Really awesome!!!
Thanks a lot for the all links ladies!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plushenko show in Bratislava   

Back to top Go down

Plushenko show in Bratislava
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Brian Joubert Discussion Group :: Skating General :: Competitions & Shows/Compétitions et Galas-
Jump to: